With one half of Kansas City in Kansas and the other in Missouri, the laws surrounding cannabis can be confusing! With completely different rules in the neighboring states, there’s an understandable number of questions among residents: Where can I buy and consume cannabis legally in Kansas City? And with the ease of traveling between Kansas and Missouri, what are the rules about bringing weed across state lines?
To find out everything you need to know about purchasing medical marijuana in Kansas City, and how easily you can order premium cannabis products to your doorstep, keep reading!
Medical Marijuana in Kansas City
- Medical marijuana in Kansas City is permitted by Missouri medical maijuana laws.
- A person of any age can become a medical marijuana patient, including a minor as long as they have a legal guardian over 21 that is registered as their medical marijuana caregiver.
- Qualifying patients or their caregivers may purchase up to 4 ounces of flower in a 30 day period.
- Even though medical marijuana is legal in Missouri, marijuana possession remains a federal offense, so if you buy marijuana in Kansas City, it is illegal to take your cannabis across state lines into Kansas or any other state.
- It is also illegal for a licensed patient to consume marijuana in a public place.
To qualify for a Missouri marijuana medical ID card in St. Louis, a patient must be diagnosed with a qualifying condition:
- Intractable migraines
- Debilitating psychiatric disorders
- Human immunodeficiency virus or acquired immune deficiency syndrome
- A terminal illness
- Any other chronic, debilitating or other medical condition, including, but not limited to, hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn’s disease, Huntington’s disease, autism, neuropathies, sickle cell anemia, agitation of Alzheimer’s disease, cachexia and wasting syndrome
If you qualify, the process is simple and can be completed in the comfort of your own home. To learn more about getting a medical ID card, check out our blog post, How to get a Missouri Medical Marijuana ID card.
Buying Weed in Kansas City
Medical cannabis can be purchased from any registered marijuana dispensary or marijuana delivery service in Kansas City. Doobie makes this process easy by delivering your favorite cannabis products to your doorstep. After placing your order, your driver will reach out with updates and an estimated time of delivery, which will be both quick and discrete. If you have any questions, be sure to hit us up on our customer service Highline! You can connect with us on our website, over the phone, or by text message at 1-888-8DOOBIE.