It has been one incredibly successful year since recreational marijuana was legalized in the state of Arizona. Customers purchased over $1.23 billion worth of cannabis products, providing the state more than $196 million in taxes, which will be used to help fund public education. Cannabis consumption is growing in popularity across the state, and whether you’re a newbie or cannabis connoisseur, it's important to know the regulations in your state. Marijuana laws dictating the purchase, sale, possession, and use of cannabis varies between recreational and medical patients. Understanding the rules, like those surrounding age and quantity restrictions can be confusing, but we’re here to help. To learn more about medical and recreational marijuana in Arizona, as well as where to buy your weed and how to get it delivered to your doorstep, continue reading!
Medical Marijuana in Arizona
- Marijuana has been legal for medical use in Arizona since 2010.
- A person of any age can become a medical marijuana patient, including a minor as long as they have a legal guardian over 21 that is registered as their medical marijuana caregiver.
- With an Arizona medical marijuana card you can purchase up to 2.5 ounces of cannabis every two weeks. However, state law permits the purchase of up to 12.5 grams of concentrate at a time.
- It is important to note that individuals may only consume cannabis on private property.
To become a medical marijuana patient in the state of Arizona a person must have one of following the qualifying medical conditions:
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome
- Crohn's Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- Severe and Chronic Pain
- Severe Nausea
- Persistent Muscle Spasms
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
If you qualify, the process is simple and can be completed in the comfort of your own home. All you need to do is choose a medical marijuana doctor and schedule an appointment.
Recreational Marijuana in Arizona
- Arizona legalized recreational marijuana in 2020.
- Adults over the age of 21 can possess 1 ounce of cannabis with no more than 5 grams in the form of a concentrate.
- Purchases must be completed with cash or a debit card.
- Buying cannabis products from anywhere other than a licensed marijuana dispensary or marijuana delivery service is illegal.
- Smoking cannabis in any public place is also illegal, so you may only consume on private property.
Order with Doobie
If you’re looking for cannabis delivery in Arizona, Doobie is the service for you. Doobie lets you skip the dispensary line and delivers your favorite cannabis products directly to you! You can place an order on our website, over the phone, or by text message at 1-888-8DOOBIE (1-888-836-6243). All you need to do is add your favorite cannabis products to your cart and create an account with your delivery address. After placing your order, you’ll receive a text message from your doobie driver with updates and an estimated time of delivery. If you have any questions, be sure to hit us up on our Highline. Our customer service representatives can clarify state laws, offer product recommendations, or just chat if you are high and need someone to talk to. So what are you waiting for? Skip the dispensary, order delivery!