Effective as of October 5, 2022
WE VALUE YOUR PRIVACY
This Policy informs you of our practices when handling your PI. In this Policy, “Doobie”, “we” or “us” refers to DB Delivery MA, LLC d/b/a Doobie, a company registered in Massachusetts with a business address located at 4 Recovery Road, Wareham, MA 02571.
For the purpose of this Policy, “PI” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual particularly where combined with one or more of such individual’s confidential numbers (such as social security, driver’s license or credit/debit card numbers). This includes PI that you provide or generate when you use any Doobie-provided websites (the “Website”) or associated software, services or products. When you use the Services, you accept and understand that we collect, use, and store your PI as described in this Policy.
If you do not agree with this Policy, you must not use any of the Services. If you change your mind in the future, you must stop using the Services and you may exercise your rights concerning your PI as set out in this Policy.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will collect and use the following information about you:
Information you provide to us:
- Registration Information. When you create an account on our Website or through any other available channel that links to the Services, you will be asked to provide your name, residential address, date of birth, email and/or telephone number, and a password, among other possible information. For all paid Services, we will rely on a payment processing partner which may also collect your name, billing address, and payment information. Payment information is not shared with us and is maintained by our payment processing partner.
- Communication Information. When you contact us, you provide us with your telephone or cell phone number and/or email, and any other information you choose to provide over such communication, including information about any queries you ask over the website, the telephone or other communications channels.
Information you provide us about others:
- If you choose to refer us to your family or friends or other third parties, you provide us with the email and/or cell phone number and a description of their relationship to you, among other information.
Information we automatically collect or is generated about you when using the Services:
- Usage Information: When you use the Website or Services, you generate information pertaining to your use, including timestamps, such as access, share, edit and delete order information, Website use information, interactions with our team, and transaction records.
- Device Information: We may assign a unique user identifier (“UUID”) to each mobile device that accesses the Services. When you use our Services, you provide information such as your IP address, UUIDs, device IDs, web beacons and other device information (such as carrier type, whether you access our Services from a desktop or mobile platform, device model, brand, web browser and operating system).
Information received from third parties:
- Information we receive from third-party platforms: When you connect third-party platforms, apps or providers (such as Google Calendar, iCal or other calendar programs, Google Contacts or Zoom) to our Services, or when you register through a third-party account (such as Google or Microsoft), if applicable, we may receive PI that includes your username, profile picture, email address, time, location, calendar information, contact information from such third parties and any information you choose to upload to such third-party platforms (“Platform Information”).
- Information from platforms our Services rely on. Where applicable, we receive transaction information from our payment processor partner.
- Other third parties. We may receive additional information about you, such as demographic or interest attributes from third parties such as data or marketing partners and combine it with other information we have about you.
Information when you contact us using a mobile device:
- When you access and use the Website or Services from your mobile devices, we receive information from your mobile device. This may include your location data, IP address and device type. You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share location information with us, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your PI to:
- Set up your account. We use your registration information, device information and any information received from third parties in order to set up an account for you to use our Services. We do so in accordance with our contractual and precontractual obligations to you in order to provide you with an account to use the Services.
- Provide you with the Services. We use your account information, service orders, platform information, queries and other information in order to provide you with the Services. In addition, we may use your communication information to facilitate support (e.g. retrieval of a forgotten password). We do so in accordance with our contractual obligations to you in order to provide you with the Services.
- Improve and monitor the Services. We may use information we automatically collect or generate about you when you use the Services, as well as non-PI about your device such as device manufacturer, model and operating system, and the amount of free space on your device, to analyze the use of and improve our Services.
- Communicate with you. If you contact us, we will use your contact information to communicate with you and, if applicable, review your usage information to support your use of the Services.
- Send you newsletters about product news or updates that may be of interest to you. We may send you emails or texts with news or updates pertaining to our Services. When doing so, we process your name, email address, and cell phone number used for texting, and may process your usage information. When you place an order with us, either through our website or through a service provider, we treat that as an opt in to receive product news and updates from us, via emails and texts or both. Your consent can be withdrawn at any time by following the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of each communication.
- Prevent fraud, defend Doobie against legal claims or disputes, enforce our terms and to comply with our legal obligations. It is in our legitimate interest to protect our interests by (1) monitoring the use of the Services to detect fraud or any other user behavior which prejudices the integrity of our Services, (2) taking steps to remedy aforementioned fraud and behavior, (3) defending ourselves against legal claims or disputes, and (4) enforcing our terms and policies. When doing so, we will use the PI relevant in such a case, including information you provide us, information we automatically collect about you, and information which is provided to us by third parties.
- Use data in aggregated form. We also may collect and use aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for our purposes. Aggregated data may be derived from your PI but is not PI, as this data will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. However, if we combine or connect aggregated data with your PI so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we will treat the combined data as PI which will be used in accordance with this Policy.
Cookies are small files of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or on your device. They contain information that is transferred to your device.
We use the following types of Cookies and similar technologies:
- Strictly necessary Cookies: Some Cookies are strictly necessary to make our Services available to you; for example, to provide login functionality, user authentication and security. We cannot provide you with the Services without this type of Cookie.
- Functional Cookies: These are used to recognize you when you use and then return to our Website. This enables us to personalize our content for you and remember your preferences.
You can block Cookies by setting your internet browser to block some or all or Cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all Cookies (including essential Cookies) you may not be able to use our Services. Except for essential Cookies, all Cookies will expire after a maximum of two years.
- WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your PI with selected third parties, including:
- Personnel affiliated with any of our business or enterprise partners
- Vendors and service providers we rely on for the provision of the Services, including:
- Cloud service providers who we rely on for computer and data storage.
- Platform support providers who help us manage and monitor the Services.
- Analytic providers who provide analytics, segmentation and mobile measurement services and help us understand our user base.
- Payment processors. Where applicable, payment processors are responsible for the processing of your PI, and may use your PI for their own purposes in accordance with their privacy policies.
- Law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other judicial bodies and organizations. We disclose PI if we are legally required to do so, or if we have a good faith belief that such use is reasonably necessary to comply with a legal obligation, process or request; enforce our terms of service and other agreements, policies, and standards, including investigation of any potential violation thereof; detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues; or protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law (including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection).
- Change of corporate ownership. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, reorganization, partnership, asset sale or other transaction, we may disclose your PI as part of that transaction.
- HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Doobie stores all PI for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes set out in this Policy, or for as long as we are required to do so by law or in order to comply with a regulatory obligation. When deleting PI, we will take measures to render such PI irrecoverable or irreproducible, and the electronic files which contain PI will be permanently deleted
- YOUNG ADULTS AND CHILDREN
As required by applicable law, the Services are not targeted at children or any young adults under the age of 21, and we do not knowingly collect PI from underage individuals. If you learn that a child or young adult has provided us with PI in violation of this Policy, please contact us as indicated below.
- CONTACT AND COMPLAINTS
For inquiries or complaints regarding this Policy, please first contact us at [add email address] and we will endeavor to deal with your complaint as soon as possible. This is without prejudice to any right to raise claims or bring legal actions with applicable legal authorities.
- DATA SECURITY
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of PI that we collect and maintain. However, the transfer of PI through the internet will carry its own inherent risks and we do not guarantee the security of your data transmitted through the internet. You make any such transfer at your own risk.
The Website and Services may provide features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party websites or services is provided directly to the operators of such websites or services and is subject to their policies governing privacy and security, even if accessed via our Website or in connection with our Services.
Where required, we will update this Policy from time to time. When we do so, we will make it available on this page and indicate the date of the latest revision on the first page of this Policy. Please check this page frequently to see any updates or changes to this Policy.
- ABOUT US
DB Delivery MA, LLC d/b/a Doobie
4 Recovery Road, Wareham, MA 02571