If you are a recreational marijuana user and live in Missouri, you are in luck! As of December 8, 2022, weed is now legal in the state of Missouri! Amendment Three was passed with 53 percent of the vote in November, making Missouri the 21st state to legalize recreational marijuana use.
Since the law has passed, you can also now get weed delivered from the comfort of your own home. If you live in the St. Louis area and would like to experience marijuana delivery made easy, check out our products available in your area!
As in other states, there are still limitations to marijuana use under this new St. Louis law. It is not allowed for use in public or while driving, and participants must be 21 or older to participate.
There will also be a six percent tax on all retail weed sales that will take place in Missouri. The state auditor’s office estimated that this tax would bring in $40 million, at a minimum, in new revenue each year for things like veterans’ health care, drug treatment, and the public defender’s office.
What You Need To Know About the New Law in St. Louis:
- Adult possession of three grams or less of marijuana became legal on Dec. 8, 2022
- Up to 3 ounces may be purchased in a single transaction, and consumers may be in possession of up to 3 ounces of marijuana at any time. Adult-use purchases will be taxed at 6% in addition to any local taxes.
- You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase and have a valid government photo ID at the time of purchase.
- Public use and consumption are still against the law.
Which Weed Products Are Legal in Missouri?
If you are interested in purchasing marijuana products in the state of Missouri, you have access to the following types of products.
- Inhalation (smoking or vaporization): Cannabis flowers and pre-rolls
- Oral: Edibles, capsules, oils, tinctures
- Topicals: Lotions, salves, oil, and bath salts
- Sublingual: Sprays, lozenges, and dissolvable strips
Can I Grow My Own Personal Marijuana at Home?
If you are interested in growing your own personal marijuana, consumers with an approved consumer personal cultivation identification card will be able to cultivate plants for personal, non-commercial use. All cultivation must occur within an enclosed, locked facility at their residence. More information will be made available on the department’s website.
If you’re interested in taking advantage of this new St. Louis weed legalization law, be sure to research what you need to bring to legally purchase marijuana in the state. New laws and regulations will likely be uncovered over the course of the first year of legalization, but it remains an exciting time for Missouri cannabis users. For more information on weed delivery services in the St. Louis area, click here!